300ml unsweetened soya milk
3 large egg yolks
20g all purpose flour
20g corn starch
pinch of salt
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat soya milk in saucepan over medium heat until it foams up.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar, flour, corn starch, and salt.
3. Gradually whisk soya milk into the egg mixture (do not pour hot soya milk into the mixture all at once).
4. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Heat and whisk constantly for a few minutes until it thickens.
5. Pour custard cream into a bowl. Stir in vanilla extract. Cover the surface of the cream with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature before use. The custard cream can be kept refrigerated for up to three days.
***Enough for filling 2 fruits tarts, each for 6 servings.
- 1 sweet pastry case
- ½ custard pastry cream of the above recipe
- 300g strawberries
- 60g raspberries sauce
-- Spread a layer of custard pastry cream on the pastry case. Cut each strawberry into half, and coat all pieces with raspberries sauce. Arrange strawberries over custard pastry cream. Chill for hours before serving.