Number of Servings: 2
rice noodles for 2
25g dried Chinese mushrooms
250g carrots, thinly sliced
1 romaine lettuce heart, thinly sliced
1 hot chilli, chopped
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1. Wash mushrooms. Leave the mushrooms to soak for 45 minutes up to 2 hours (depending on sizes and thickness), until softened.
2. Set aside the water in which the mushrooms soaked for use later. Have the mushrooms roughly drained, sliced, and then season with 1tbsp soy sauce, sesame oil, and 1tsp sugar.
3. Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 30 minutes, until softened.
4. Add oil to the pan over medium high heat. Stir-fry mushrooms for 1 minute. Then, add carrots and 200ml of water in which the mushrooms soaked. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
5. Add softened and roughly drained rice noodles, 1tsp sugar, and salt. Stir-fry with mushrooms and carrots for 7 minutes. Add lettuce, chilli, and 1tbsp soy sauce, and then stir-fry for the last 3 minutes.