2013-12-12

Greek Yoghurt Banana Bread

Yield: 1 loaf


INGREDIENTS
340g peeled ripe banana (~2 large bananas), mashed
1tsp baking soda
170g fat free plain greek yoghurt
2 egg whites
65g light brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
195g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Grease and flour a loaf pan.  Preheat oven to 180C.

2. In a medium bowl, mix mashed banana, baking soda, and yoghurt.

3. In another medium bowl, mix egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract.

4. Combine 2&3.

5. In a large bowl, mix all remaining dry ingredients with the mixture in no.4.

6. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until done.

2 comments:

  1. I love banana bread. Someone told me that the bananas should be over-over-uber ripe (aka black). Gross, I know. A good variation is to leave out the cinnamon and add chopped dried apricots + some walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's right! The bananas should be super ripe. Good idea to use dried apricots too. I like home baking because I can add the ingredients I like. What's important is to have a good cake/bread base.

    ReplyDelete