45g dried Chinese mushrooms
½ iceberg lettuce
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves
240ml water (in which the mushrooms soaked)
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1. Soak mushrooms in water for 1 hour, until softened. Have the water set aside for use later.
2. Shred mushrooms, carrots, and lettuce.
3. Season mushrooms with sugar, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
4. Cook udon according to instructions on package. Have it drained and set aside.
5. Add oil, followed by garlic, to the pan over medium high heat. Stir fry mushrooms for 1 minute.
6. Stir in carrots, and then add the water in which the mushroom soaked. Cook covered over a smaller fire for 10 minutes.
7. Add lettuce and stir fry for 4 minutes.
8. Add oyster sauce, and stir in udon. Cook for the last 1 minute.