Yield: One 23cm Round Cake
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 120g granulated sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50ml lemon juice
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
1. Using an electric mixer beat eggs with sugar on high speed until pale and thick.
2. Add in vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice. Continue to beat the mixture until everything is well combined.
3. In 4 batches, sift over and then patiently fold in flour mixed with baking powder using a spatula.
4. Pour batter into a round cake pan with a parchment paper lined on the bottom only.
5. Bake in preheated oven set at 180c for 25 minutes.
6. Remove the cake from oven and let it cool completely before serving and storage.