- 120g whole wheat spaghetti
- 140g fresh spinach
- 480g zucchini
- ½tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 95g pesto
1. Wash and drain spinach. Set aside.
2. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, wash, slice and then halve zucchini. Add oil to the frying pan and cook zucchini for 7 minutes. Season with soy sauce.
4. Pour cook spaghetti into a strainer or colander. Immediately pour spinach into the dry hot pot used to cook spaghetti, and pour hot spaghetti back into the pot over spinach. Also pour in the hot, cooked zucchini. Stir for 1 minute or until spinach is roughly cooked and wilts.
5. Finally, add pesto to the pot and stir until everything is well tossed.
Number of Servings: 4-6
- 600g green beans, trimmed
- 1½tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- salt and pepper
Place all ingredients in a big bowl and toss very well. Spread onto a baking sheet or shallow baking pan. Roasted in preheated oven set at 220C for 25 minutes, until beans are slightly shriveled and have brown spots.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 195g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp salt
- 60g granulated sugar
- 100g plain chocolate chips
- grated zest of 2 large oranges
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 large orange
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 170g fat free plain greek yoghurt
Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. Preheat oven to 180C.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, and then make a well in the center of the bowl.
Mix orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract, eggs, and yoghurt in another bowl, until well combined.
Pour the liquid mixture into the well in the bowl containing dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Bake for 25 minutes.
- 120ml rice (white rice only; or a combination of white rice, brown rice, and dried millet)
- 1200ml water
- 1 thumb size ginger, grated
- 160g sweetcorn
- 8 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 3 eggs
- ground black pepper to taste
1. Wash mushrooms and soak them in water until soften. It takes at least 1 hour. Then, dice the mushrooms.
2. Wash rice and soak it in water in a saucepan for 30 minutes (up to 2 hours if brown rice is also used).
3. Heat the pan over medium high heat to bring to boil. Add ginger, sweetcorn, mushrooms, and chicken stock. Cook partly covered over medium low heat for 40 minutes. Stir 2-3 times.
4. Stir in eggs before switching off the fire.
5. Add ground black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- 600g fresh strawberries
- 100g strawberry flavor fat-free greek yoghurt
- 160ml berries juice not from concentrate
Blend all ingredients using a blender until smooth.