- 150g a mix of white and brown rice
- 30g dried Chinese mushrooms
- 440g carrots
- 280g (drained weight) canned petit pois
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2tsp sesame oil
- 1/4tsp sugar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp oyster sauce
1. Have the rice cooked, cooled, and then chill overnight.
2. Soak mushrooms in water for at least an hour until softened. Preserve the mushroom water and have the mushrooms finely diced and marinated in a mixture of minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar.
3. Meanwhile, finely dice carrots, rinse and drain petit pois.
4. Add oil, followed by mushrooms and carrots to the pan over medium high heat. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add 160ml of mushroom water and cook covered for 6 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add cold rice, ground ginger, and oyster sauce. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in petit pois. Cook for the last 3 minutes.